Whether you or your loved one are looking into moving to a senior living community, it’s important to consider a number of things like what care options they offer, what programs they provide, how good the food is and how much it costs. Something that many seniors and their families overlook, however, is location. While it’s good to focus on what is inside of the senior living community, as you’ll be living there, it’s also a good idea to consider what is beyond their doors for a number of reasons.
“Where a senior living community is situated can tell you a lot about their lifestyle and how they may spend their time,” says Alison Wall, Senior Living Consultant at TreVista Antioch, an assisted living and memory care community in Antioch, CA. “If they are in a more rural area, the community may provide a wide range of programs and activities to participate in, and they may even provide some outdoor recreational opportunities. But if they are located in a more urban area, there may be much more to do outside of the programs the community offers. When choosing a senior living community for yourself or a loved one, consider what seems to be more appealing and visit a range of options. It will likely become apparent which option will be right for you or your loved one upon touring.”
Why Seniors Should Consider Location When Moving to Senior Living
When considering and touring senior living communities, think about the following bonuses that a prime location could provide.
- Proximity to shopping centers. Do you or your loved one like to shop? What about just stroll around the mall or find somewhere new to eat? If so, look for a senior living community that is close to local shopping areas. Check and see if the community offers certain days they provide transportation to and from these places and check them out beforehand. Is shopping as easy as taking a walk downtown? Make sure to keep that in mind, as well.
- How close medical centers are. Many senior living communities offer healthcare services right on site, but if you prefer the added peace of mind of knowing that any other needs you have are just a short trip away, consider finding a community that is near local medical centers. Prefer to keep your own doctor? Try to find a community near them or see if they can provide transportation to and from doctors appointments.
- Excitement of knowing new experiences are available each day. One of the best things about moving to a senior living community that’s in a prime location, is there are no limits to the fun experiences you could take in each day. Find a community where you can enjoy trying new restaurants, finding new places to shop, discovering unfamiliar things to do and so much more.
- Increased opportunities for outings. Many senior living communities plan outings around things that are happening in the community. Is an art gallery opening or a new dinner theater starting? Chances are, your community will plan something around it. Many communities even gather a group of interested residents and attend local sports events, performances and movies.
- Places for family and friends to stay when visiting. If your family lives nearby, this may not matter as much, but if you’ve moved to a senior living community that’s further away, having options for where your loved one stays can be a big thing to consider. What’s more is that your loved ones may be able to participate in these outings and activities with you, or take you out on their own.
TreVista Antioch, exceptional lifestyle in a premier location
At TreVista Antioch, we know how important location is to seniors who are seeking an enriching and engaging lifestyle. We are located in the heart of the Bay Area, close to shopping, medical centers, community events, outdoor recreation and so much more. This allows our residents to enjoy a range of outings and day trips, while having the peace of mind care is ready and waiting whenever they may need it. Whether residents want to enjoy everything our community offers or enjoy the local community, they have the comfort of knowing everything is available just outside of their door.
To learn more about our engaging, active lifestyle or to experience it for yourself, call or visit us today. We’d be happy to schedule a tour and show you just how much location can make a difference when moving into a senior living community. Call us today at 925•329•6292.
Making the everyday extraordinary.
Family-owned and operated, Agemark Senior Living is the new owner of TreVista Antioch. Known for creating warm, welcoming communities, vibrant lifestyles and engaging programming, Agemark has been one of the most premier and trusted senior living providers since 1987. As Agemark’s newest community, TreVista Antioch is located on 10 acres in a prime location close to shopping and local attractions, as well as the great outdoors. Our beautiful community features a personalized, resident-centric approach to care that provides support, all while helping residents live full, connected lives.
At TreVista Antioch, we provide assisted living and memory care set in a beautiful environment that not only meets our residents’ needs but makes them, as well as their families, feel more at home. Although our gorgeous community is a plus, we truly believe it’s our programming and caring, dedicated staff that makes TreVista home. With our family-oriented inspiration and resident-centric approach, our residents flourish and experience days full of joy and meaning. Our staff learns each resident’s likes and dislikes and their values and pasts, right down to the dreams they never thought they could accomplish, in order to customize their care and make their dreams a reality.
LifeCycles wellness programming encourages our residents to connect, engage and enjoy life, every day. Our LifeCycles programming is designed to focus on the four dimensions of wellness: physical, social, spiritual and intellectual. This is achieved through a wide range of daily activities and routines, from outings and excursions to local events and programming at the community. At TreVista Antioch, our residents have the tools and care they need to make each day fulfilling, engaging and vibrant. Contact us to learn more!
Call us at 925•237•1952 for more information or to schedule a personal visit today.
TreVista Antioch is part of the Agemark family of senior living communities.